What do I do if my child needs to miss a class?
- Students are eligible for no more than one make-up per month for the SWIM Shallow package and two per month for the SWIM Deep package if the absence is reported before the child’s class time.
- Availability of make-up lessons is not guaranteed.
- Make-up lessons may be scheduled up to 7 days ahead of the make-up time.
- With continuous enrollment, make-up lessons must be completed within 60 days of the date of the absence.
- Once a makeup is scheduled, it can not be re-scheduled.
- Students need to be enrolled to complete a makeup class.
How do I change my day or time?
Can I request a teacher?
What do I need to bring to swim lessons?
What if my child is scared or cries?
What is a Deck Leader?
How do I contact my child’s teacher?
Why does my child seem to be "stuck" in a particular level?
Why do you encourage year round, weekly 30 minute lessons?
When can I sign up for lessons?
How do I register for lessons?
How do I pay for lessons and/or merchandise?
How do I cancel my child’s swim lessons?
- If you wish to take a break from lessons, a withdrawal form must be completed by the 20th of the month to avoid being charged the next month.
- No refunds if withdrawing after the 20th of the month for the following month.
- You can transfer to a different class at any time. You do not need to provide advanced notice.
What if CSS has to cancel a lesson?
Do I need to change classes if my child moves to the next level?
What if my class only has one or two children enrolled?
Although we never want to cancel any classes, we reserve the right to consolidate classes with 1 or 2 participants. We will do our best to work you into another class so your child can stay swimming.
How early do I need to arrive for lessons?
What if my child is not toilet trained?
Swim Diaper Policy as of August 1, 2016
Double Swim Diaper Policy…Poop happens! And unfortunately, sometimes it happens
in swimming pools, and it can close the pool. We have had some very unhappy little
swimmers, frustrated teachers and parents who have rushed to get here only to have to
go back home. Prevention is BETTER for all of us. Every child age 3 and under and
those NOT COMPLETELY POTTY TRAINED must wear 2 SNUG FITTING REUSABLE
swim diapers. According to the CDC no swim diaper holds fecal material beyond 3-5
minutes. By double diapering we hope to get the full 5 minutes. Please make sure your
child visits the bathroom before the lesson starts, even if they went at home. If you
observe your child doing the “potty dance”, or making the “potty face”, please come into
the pool area, take your child out of class and to the bathroom. Some children are
reluctant to tell the teacher if they have to go. If your child is not feeling well…has
cramps, diarrhea, “sick tummy”, do not come to class…we have many make-up days.
We would rather reschedule one child than disappoint 200. Some children have said
that it is funny to blow bubbles “out their back ends”. Compassionately understand that
many parents drive long distances and go through enormous effort to get to our classes
on time. We do not want to disappoint anyone for a problem that can be prevented.
Reusable swim diapers can be purchased in our swim shop. Although we don’t require
the brand of reusable diaper we sell, we have found them the best in containing fecal
- Every child age 3 and under will need to wear TWO snug fitting reusable (non-
disposable) swim diapers.
- Safety is our NUMBER 1 priority!!! Prevention is the way to make sure this happens in
our pool water!
- According to the CDC no swim diaper holds fecal material beyond 5 minutes. By double
diapering, this will help us get the full 5 minutes. Many parents do not realize their child
had a BM until it is too late!
- When talking with the parents always let them know that safety is 1st and this is going to
help be sure that accidents are prevented as much as we possibly can.
What if my child has a reaction to the swim diaper?
Ask the parent if they washed them before they used them since most manufacturers use
chemicals on their fabric.
If they are sensitive then they can use a disposable one underneath the other two reusable
ones, such as a little swimmer. The Little Swimmers DO NOT count as one layer as they do not
hold ANYTHING IN!!! They can be used to have a layer in between or I used them in case my
kids had a poop that I could throw it away and only bring home the re-usable diaper to clean.
Should there be marks left on my child’s bottom after taking it off?
I will say that there could be irritation at the lines of the swim diapers and there should be a
mark after their lessons. If there isn't a mark then the diapers are not doing their job to keep the
poopy in. If they can stick a finger underneath then poop can make it's way out through that
same gap. Since it is tight, it leaves a line….similar to the goggle line left around kids eyes.
Do I have to use the ones you sell?
They do not have to use the ones we sell, they are free to purchase ones anywhere.